VMware Virtual Machine Shutdown Script


VMware Virtual Machine Shutdown Script | Clean Shutdown 

Sharing a customized script for reference :

I had a situation as below :

A cluster of 3 ESX 4.1 in a data center and each data center has its own UPS

The requirement was to turn off HA first, smooth power down VMs and then power down host.


/etc/opt/init.d/vmware-aam  shutdown ; 
vmware-cmd -l | while read i ; 
do vmware-cmd $i stop trysoft  && /sbin/shutdown -hP now ; 
done


I run this and seen working well for me and on one of my customers machine.

Disclaimer : written as hobby neither VMware nor I are responsible for if any damages caused.

Hope it helps


Further Reading or References and other useful links :
http://communities.vmware.com/message/1004294#1004294

Clean Shutdown of Virtual Machines using PowerChute Network Shutdown in a HA Cluster Environment
http://nam-en.apc.com/ci/fattach/get/1063516//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzQwMzgyMzk4L3NpZC9yYUFNdGpfaw==





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own and does not reflect the views and opinions of my employer.